Thursday, June 09, 2005

Just Stuff

A quote from Theodore Roosevelt to start the day.

To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public. (1918)



Which John Cusack Are You?


I took the music nerd quiz and am only 42.51208% - Major Music Nerd. I'm pretty sure that's going to be the lowest of one group of friends.

Lite-Brite - Just to prove that I'm still not in the least bit creative…the first thing I "drew" was a freakin' flower, which was the only thing I was ever able to "create" on our cheap-ass version called Electro-Art.

All I can say here is: EXACTLY!!! And anybody who knows me knows I've been saying the same thing about Bettman and Goodenow for the past year (if not before that). FIRE THEM and GET SERIOUS about ending this lockout!!!

I watched Alfie last night – the original with Michael Caine, not the remake with Jude Law – and let's just say it's not quite the comedy it's purported to be. I mean, WTF! Even the theatrical trailer (which I watched after I watched the movie) claimed it was a witty comedy. Sure, there were some funny bits, but I don't know, when there's an illegal abortion involved, can it really be called a comedy? FUCKIN' A, man! I am interested, now, in seeing what the remake is like. And I think if you have shadows on your lungs and have to be sent to a sanatorium to "rest" that it might be a good thing to give up the friggin' cigarettes. But maybe that's just me.

Tonight is symphony night as tomorrow night is Boss' Abandoning Us party. The DSO is cool about switching nights when you can't go on your regular night. YS is supposed to go with me. I think we'll be hearing Stravinsky's Rite of Spring, so that'll be sweet. And while I'm there tonight I need to pick up a ticket for next Thursday's concert gala. It was supposed to be the last time Neeme Jarvi conducted the DSO as the Principal Conductor and Music Director, but his son Paavo who was to conduct next weekend's concerts (the last of the season) had to back out because of a hand injury, so Neeme will be taking over for him. I'm a little bummed because I was interested to compare his conducting style to his father's, but I never regret a chance to see Neeme conduct. He's so fabulous. I really shall miss him.

4 Comments:

At Thursday, 09 June, 2005, Blogger Heather said...

I was "Rob Gordon" from High Fidelity. I had a sneakin' suspicion that's who I'd be. :) Now to take that music quiz...

 
At Thursday, 09 June, 2005, Blogger Rik said...

What? There's no hockey this year?

 
At Thursday, 09 June, 2005, Blogger Kathleen said...

Sorry to disappoint you, Rik, but no, there was no hockey this past season, and if they don't get their acts together, there won't be any next year either - and after that, I say you can say good-bye to the NHL as we know it. And that would make me very sad.

 
At Friday, 10 June, 2005, Blogger Glen said...

I was an extreme music nerd at 70%, so I guess I'm in the correct field.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home