Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Prayers for Grandma, please!

Hey all, I'm back and have started an entry about my lovely weekend, but this is much more important.

My Grandma went into the hospital yesterday with internal bleeding. If you all wouldn't mind praying to whichever deity you prefer (be it God, Allah, Yahweh, Vishnu, Horus, Zeus, Hera, et al) or just think good thoughts and send good vibes if you don't believe in any God to my Grandma, I'd greatly appreciate it. I tried to find the post where I told you all about her, but sadly, my habit of naming my posts after the song I'm listening to at the moment has made it impossible to find the post. I'll continue to search for it, though.

And thank you in advance.

Update: It turns out that she has a large gastric ulcer and several smaller duodenal ulcers. Not sure what this all means, but I hope to have a better idea once the YS has spoken to the doctors.

Additional fun is that my doctor called me on Monday with the results of last Monday's MRI and I have a torn meniscus in my right knee. I have an 8:00 a.m. appt. tomorrow with an orthopedic surgeon. I'm thrilled to pieces. I talked to the YS on Monday evening and she said the only thing that can be done for such "injuries" is surgery. I put "injuries" in quote, because I have no clue how it happened as I don't remember injuring myself. I've always thought the knee pain was from arthritis. *sigh*

Labels: , ,

20 Comments:

At Tuesday, 14 August, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prayers!

 
At Tuesday, 14 August, 2007, Blogger Kathleen said...

Thanks, Smed.

 
At Tuesday, 14 August, 2007, Blogger Scott said...

Here's a few good vibes, and fingers crossed.

 
At Tuesday, 14 August, 2007, Blogger fermicat said...

Will do. Hope things work out.

 
At Tuesday, 14 August, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Given my penchant for beleiving in everything, just in case, sending all of those your way. I hope you have some good news soon and they manage to fix her.

*hugs to go with the other stuff*

Those are for you... xxx

 
At Tuesday, 14 August, 2007, Blogger Nob Hill Omnivore said...

I'll light a candle (even if it is coin operated) at Notre Dame de Victoires on my way home from work, ooh and I can stop at St. Patricks to light a good old fashion votive too. Sending all the love and good thoughts I can.

 
At Tuesday, 14 August, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy thoughts for your grandma's well-being.

 
At Tuesday, 14 August, 2007, Blogger Kathleen said...

Scott - Crossed fingers are especially welcome!

Fermi - Thanks so much. Me too.

Yelayna - I have a penchant for the same. Thanks for the hugs. I need them.

Sal - Candles are excellent! The first time I saw the coin ones were in Mexico it was a little disconcerting.

Loopy - Thank you. I (and she) appreciates all prayers and good thoughts.

 
At Tuesday, 14 August, 2007, Blogger dr sardonicus said...

Sending good thoughts your grandma's way. Hope she gets well soon.

 
At Wednesday, 15 August, 2007, Blogger Heather said...

Prayers and positive thoughts sent to your Grandma. I hope she comes through it all right!! I'll be thinking of you! *hugs*

 
At Wednesday, 15 August, 2007, Blogger Jason said...

Good vibes sent!

 
At Wednesday, 15 August, 2007, Blogger Nob Hill Omnivore said...

seriously reconsider the meniscus surgery, I know they're telling you that it's necessary. Coy had/has the same problem. They can operate and remove the meniscus but you'll suffer more problems later as the surgery leaves the bones to scrape against each other instead of the torn meniscus, Coy didn't have the surgery and it took a few months to feel better.

 
At Wednesday, 15 August, 2007, Blogger Kathleen said...

Doc - Thanks. I appreciate all good thoughts toward my Grandma.

Heather - Grandma is going home today. Hope to know more soon.

Sal - Oh, I'm not having it yet. Just seeing the surgeon tomorrow. It might not be bad enough for surgery. And there are two types of surgery - one where they take the meniscus out and another where they fix it. Don't worry, I'm not racing into surgery. The thought freaks me out.

 
At Wednesday, 15 August, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful photo! Thinking of you & your grandmother with lots of love. Wishing you speedy healing and sending you hugs!

 
At Wednesday, 15 August, 2007, Blogger Babs Gladhand said...

Kat - Sending good thought your way with a great big hug.

 
At Wednesday, 15 August, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been thinking of you and your grandma all day. Hope she feels better soon. And talk to Sandie about the knee... she just had the same surgery (was up and walking around within days). She also has no clue how she did it. Sushi next week?

 
At Wednesday, 15 August, 2007, Blogger fermicat said...

Sorry to hear about your knee.

Now keeping fingers and toes crossed for you and your grandma.

 
At Thursday, 16 August, 2007, Blogger Heather said...

I finally got to see the pic of your Grandma - she's so cute! And I finally saw you! I looked through more pics on the Flickr site. :)

 
At Thursday, 16 August, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prayers to you, and to your grandmother.

Woof

 
At Thursday, 16 August, 2007, Blogger Kathleen said...

Suzy - I can't lay claim to taking the pic. My brother did, but it's such a great pic of her.

Fluma - Thanks. It means a lot.

Urs - Oh yes!! Thank you.

Heather - I think she's awfully darn cute, myself. ;-)

Woof - You're a dear. Now try showing up to a race once in a while! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home