Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Reap The Wild Wind

Okay, something silly from my friend Sal. You have to use your first initial for every category, and you can't use your own name for the boy/girl name. Got it? GO!

Your Name: Kathleen (let me say this is probably easier with a real letter – you know a letter that has more than three pages in the dictionary and half the words aren't either place names or currency).

1. Famous Singer/Band: Nik Kershaw (Okay, he's not that famous, but I love him and even saw him in concert years ago.)
2. 4 letter word: kale
3. Color: Khaki (how boring)
4. Street: Kercheval
5. Gifts/Presents: kitchenware
6. Vehicle: Kit car
7. Things in a Souvenir Shop: kitsch
8. Boy Name: Kenneth
9. Girl Name: Karen
10. Movie Title: Kiss Me Deadly
11. Drink: kvass
12. Occupation: knacker
13. Flower: Kalmia latiflolia aka Mountain Laurel
14. Celebrity: Kate Moss (literally the only person I could come up with off the top of my head)
15. Magazine: Knitter's
16. U.S. City: Kalamazoo
17. Pro Sports Teams: Nashville Kats
18. Fruit: Kiwi
19. Reason for Being Late for Work: Killed
20. Something You Throw Away: kitty litter
21. Things You Shout: Killjoy! (actually, you're more likely to hear me yell "Oy vey" or "Bloody hell" but since they didn't start with "k"…)
22. Cartoon Character: Olly the Kookaburra

Let's see, what else do I have today? I know I was planning an update before I saw this at Sal's, so I know there was something going on in my head. Right now, however? I've got nothing!

OH!!! I can't believe I haven't mentioned this before (unless I was scared of jinxing it), but supposedly, my department is moving from Building C (for Crappy) back to Building A (for Fabulous and Within Walking Distance to Kathleen's House). I had the original meeting back in June, but there's now a meeting scheduled for tomorrow to go over the first draft which is interesting since I haven't been given any idea of location. I thought they'd say "Here are the blueprints. These are the cubes available. Go for it." Instead there are going to be six or seven people there.

I'm not sure why people outside my department think they need a say in who sits where, but whatever. Last week there was a spate of e-mails going around and some guy claimed to be the move coordinator for my department. I piped up and said that I was the move coordinator for my dept. and he called me asking, "Why do you think you're the move coordinator for your department?" "Because I've been the move coordinator for my department for the past four years, and I had a meeting with Corporation Land two weeks ago and we discussed the move." Now this guy's boss is our Big Big Big Boss, but she generally treats us like red-headed stepchildren, so I'm not sure why, all of a sudden, she wants to acknowledge our existence, but I most definitely let my boss know what was up. The guy doesn't know my dept. or the people in it from Adam. I'll take care of my dept., thank you very much.

I'm hoping it works out better than I'm thinking it will. I want to get it all done and submitted by next week, so that the move can happen in the middle of August instead of the end or beginning of September. I'm feeling bronchial again and I really don't need bronchitis yet again!!

I actually made it to church on Sunday (I didn't go last week as Mom had called me on Saturday and said she was going that night and since I was out late that night, I was a lame-ass and didn't go), and it was quite nice. It's kind of sad that I don't go to church for the preferred reason, but because I happen to love the majority of people at my church. I used to go for the "right" reason, but I'm not feeling it so much these days, and I have to say that the new Pope is certainly not helping with his "let's turn back the clock to before Vatican II" announcements. I thought the Church was conservative enough. *sigh*

Today one of my friends from church turns 21. I was going to take her out to dinner at My Favorite Restaurant, but when I called her to make definitive plans I found out she doesn't even get off work until 8:00 p.m. Figure 15 minutes to get home, another 15 at least to change clothes, collect her mother and we're looking at 9:00 p.m. before we even get to the restaurant. We all know that I go to bed not long after that as the alarm goes off at 4:15. I tried to pick another day but she works every day until 8:00 p.m. ARGH. However, she's a lifeguard so if it actually rains today and she gets sent home she's going to call me. If not, I'll just take her out in September when lifeguarding is over.

Not much going on otherwise. I was kicking butt on my cousin's afghan, but it was hurting my right hand, so I took a break. Then I was almost through the third ball of Baby Monkey yarn on this scarf I was knitting and I dropped a stitch. BLAST!! The problem here is that it is impossible to find dropped stitches with Baby Monkey, so I had to "frog" the damn thing. Needless to say, it got put away for another day. I have tons of yarn (aka "the stash"), but I don't feel like knitting anything, so instead I just watched Stargate SG-1 and got another disk back in the mail to Netflix. I live such an exciting life, don't I?

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At Tuesday, 17 July, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's me (shock of shocks), actually making a comment!

I couldn't resist filling out the list just for fun (why else?). But first:

Kathleen: "I'm not sure why people outside my department think they need a say in who sits where, but whatever."

Me: Would you be fired if you repeated that exact statement in the next meeting?

My list, just for fun:

1. Famous Singer/Band: Montovani ;-)
2. 4 letter word: Melt
3. Color: Mauve (not my sort of color name, but it's all I could think of)
4. Street: Moraga (a San Francisco Street; it's what popped up first and was the most unique)
5. Gifts/Presents: Martinis
6. Vehicle: Mustang II (my first car)
7. Things in a Souvenir Shop: Merchandise (I know, I cheated)
8. Boy Name: Melvin
9. Girl Name: Molly
10. Movie Title: Mars Attacks
11. Drink: Martini (oops!)
12. Occupation: Miner
13. Flower: Mimosa
14. Celebrity: Steve Martin
15. Magazine: MacWorld
16. U.S. City: Miles City
17. Pro Sports Teams: Minnesota Vikings
18. Fruit: Muskmelon
19. Reason for Being Late for Work: Many, many, many, reasons
20. Something You Throw Away: Sour Milk
21. Things You Shout: Me! ;-)
22. Cartoon Character: Moe (of Moe's Tavern fame on the Simpsons)

 
At Wednesday, 18 July, 2007, Blogger LL said...

I hate it when I drop a monkey stitch too... no... waitaminute, I hate it when I drop a monkey. Sorry... I got confused there for a bit. ;)

 
At Wednesday, 18 July, 2007, Blogger Kathleen said...

younameit - Hey! I've been thinking about you. I know I owe you an e-mail or ten. Sure, have an easy letter!

LL - I'll make you a scarf from Baby Monkey so you can appreciate the PITA it is! ;-P

 
At Wednesday, 18 July, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kathleen, I don't hold your non-emailing ways against you, especially since I'm just as guilty.

Regarding your comment to LL, I'll bet PETA wouldn't appreciate your PITA comment regarding baby monkeys. ;-p

 
At Wednesday, 18 July, 2007, Blogger Nob Hill Omnivore said...

love that the reason for being late answer is "killed". I new the new pope would be a problem when we found out he was a member of the Hitler Youth. Thanks for Coy's scarf it's beautiful!

 
At Wednesday, 18 July, 2007, Blogger Kathleen said...

Sal - I did, too. When I heard that we had gotten a new Pope that quickly, I knew it was Ratzenberger and that we were in trouble. I'm glad it got there. You now have kind of matching scarves! ;-)

 
At Wednesday, 18 July, 2007, Blogger fermicat said...

Yes, laughing at number 19!

Too bad the pope couldn't be more like John Ratzenberger.

I hope you get out of that crappy building sooner rather than later.

 
At Tuesday, 24 July, 2007, Blogger Babs Gladhand said...

What a fun list. I might just have to steal the idea from you.

You did exceptionally well working with the letter "k".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home