Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Run For It

THAT'S MY BRANDON!!! My Brandon (Inge, 3rd baseman for the Detroit Tigers) made up for his 3 for 24 (I think) batting against the Yankees by going 3 for 3 with a walk in Game 1 against the Oakland A's last night. He was the first Tiger to get a hit off of Barry Zito (aka Pitching God, apparently, if you were listening to the Fox broadcast team) and it was a home run. Woohoo!!! The next inning he hit a double driving in a run and then Placido Polanco singled to bring Brandon home. Oh, it was a beautiful thing, if you're a Tigers' fan. Sadly, Sean Casey blew out a calf muscle or something in the 6th inning and he won't be playing tonight. NOT good. After we lost him last night, Jim Leyland moved Carlos Guillen to 1st and put Ramon Santiago in at shortstop. It'll be interesting to see what Leyland does tonight. I pray he does not feel the need to play Omar Infante. I have no clue how I'm going to stay up, though, tonight for Game 2. Midnight is a tad past my bedtime. I even gave myself an extra half hour on the alarm clock, but it was not sufficient.

I have so much to do today. I have to try to find 3 oz. bottles/containers of all the stuff I normally take on a trip so I can put it in my carry-on. I can probably find a small bottle of saline, but I'm not sure about the actual cleaning solution. And the FAA is still recommending people get to the airport three hours before their flight. Give me a break. I've been getting to airports for two hours for the past five years and I swear I'm the only one and I waltz right through. My flight leaves Friday morning at 9:00 a.m., and I don't think I can make DWD take me at 5:30 in the morning. I'm not so sure I want to anyway! I'm aiming for being at the airport by 7:00 a.m. Let's all cross our fingers and hope that is sufficient. Oh yeah, I'm heading off to Vegas this weekend. My Little Brother (LB) is coming down from the Bay Area with some friends of his and we're going hiking in Red Rocks which is just north of the city. Race weekends in Vegas are not conducive to doing much other than going to the racetrack (although last year we did get to Hoover Dam).

Friday will be hanging out day. I get in early (10:30), but HRH doesn't get in until 2:30. I might have to remember to pack my bathing suit and I can lay out by the pool. (Note to self: Pack bathing suit in carry-on.) Saturday will be hiking day (but not for HRH as she does not hike – she gambles, which I don't do) and Sunday we're heading down to the Grand Canyon (a four hour drive one way). LB leaves Sunday night or Monday morning and HRH & I have plans to spend Monday (although we hope not the entire freaking day) with a friend who lives there. Which reminds me I need to e-mail a friend who I knew when I lived in SF (we worked for the same shitty company). Hmm, her hotmail isn't working. Guess I'll be calling her a bit later.

Anyway, I have to do a load of laundry (did one last night), pack, clean up the kitchen, etc., all before I leave Friday morning. I have to say that due to the new regulations for packing and flying, I don't even want to go to Vegas this weekend, but I'm sure it'll be fun and worth it once I get there. And I will make sure I'm at the airport three hours ahead of time leaving Vegas as that's one airport where the previously recommended 2 hours was completely necessary. At least I can still take on my knitting.

I told you a few weeks back that a dear friend of mine got me the Firefly boxset for my b-day. I didn't know anything about it except that I had seen people list it in their profiles under Favorite TV Shows (or whatever that category is). But after I had declared my love of Babylon 5 and Stargate SG-1 (but only the episodes with Richard Dean Anderson, thank you very much), he decided I would like Firefly. Dammit, but he was right. I have one episode left to watch and I'm so bummed that it's already over. I can totally see myself re-watching them all right away. Just taking out disc 4 and putting in disc 1. I have the Serenity movie waiting at the top of my Netflix queue (too bad I haven't had time to watch the movies I have at home: The World's Fastest Indian, Birth of a Nation, and Intolerance). I just know it's not going to be enough though. I'm still trying to figure out why the only shows I watch anymore are science fiction! I don't even like science fiction!!!! How did this happen? I know how to blame, however. And you know who you are, as well.

5 Comments:

At Wednesday, 11 October, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darn straight I am not taking your butt to the airport at 5:00am! :)
Seriously, two hours is more than enough time.

 
At Wednesday, 11 October, 2006, Blogger fakies said...

Should we feel guilty for recruiting? I think not. Firefly is excellent, and everyone ends up thanking us.

 
At Wednesday, 11 October, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you have an amazing trip, kathleen! I can't wait to see the pictures when you return! Be sure to take a lot!

Guess who else is going to Vegas?

Yep! I'm going...it worked out! Nancy is going to help us make it possible because it's too important for us to be there. It all came together last night! YAY! I'll write an entry about it later on today.

Thank you so much for your caring advice and help. Not just with this, but with everything.

I know I've said this a lot...

but I'm so grateful for our friendship, Kat.

-Clarity

Oh and Eric insisted that I add his greetings at the end of this comment.

So Greetings from Eric!!

 
At Wednesday, 11 October, 2006, Blogger Kathleen said...

DWD - Not a problem!

Trina - I'm so in love with Firefly it's not funny.

Clarity - I'm so glad for you! I knew Nancy would come through if she could!

 
At Wednesday, 11 October, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So happy you like Firefly! I love it when a "hunch gift" works out well......

When I got to the end the first time, I felt so sad that there wasn't more to watch, and while "Serenity" is good, this was a group of characters who were made for TV. Stupid Fox!

Enjoy your trip!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home