Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Ivory Tower

New feature this year is that I'm going to bore you with monthly listings of my book reading and movie watching. I'm hoping it'll help me to keep track of what I've read and watched. So, without further ado, here is January's list (the books are in order read, the movies are not in order as watched):

Books

Queen of Freedom Trilogy by Christian Jacq
Empire of Darkness
The War of the Crowns
The Flaming Sword
S is for Silence by Sue Grafton
Bloodsport by Dick Francis
Hell Is Always Today by Jack Higgins

I started The Hitchcock Murders by Peter Conrad on Monday, and I was apparently VERY tired when I bought it as I thought it was a murder mystery based on Hitchcock's movies, wheras it's an academic treatise of Hitchcock's films. I am finding it extremely interesting and although I had dinner plans the last two nights and spent 2.5 hours on the phone on Monday I'm already up to page 83 and can't wait to read more. It will be on my official February Book List.


Movies

K-Pax (R)
Finding Neverland (N)
And Starring Pancho Villa as Himself (N)
The Sting (K)
Brokeback Mountain
Ocean's Eleven (K)
Ocean's Twelve (K)
The Italian Job (K)
Princess Caraboo (N)
The Truth About Cats & Dogs (K)
How To Steal A Million (K)
Sliding Doors (K)
The Void (N)
Benny & Joon (K)
The Man Who Knew Too Much (K)
Uncovered (N)
Throttle (N)
Moscow Heat (N)
Nemesis Game (N)
Million Dollar Baby (N)
In My Country (N)
Fahrenheit 9/11 (N)
Motorcycle Diaries (N)
Swordfish (R)
A Mighty Wind (R)
Phone Booth (R)
Taxi Driver (R)
The Aviator (N)
The Spy Who Came In From the Cold (N)
Lost In Translation (R)

Key: N = Netflix, K = Kathleen, R = Rob (friend from work)

I would say that I'm getting my money worth's out of Netflix.

13 Comments:

At Wednesday, 01 February, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just way way way too busy with stuff to get all that done. Sigh.

 
At Wednesday, 01 February, 2006, Blogger mr. schprock said...

WOW!

Let's see, I took "Doctor Zhivago" out of the library I don't know how long ago and have had to renew it twice. I'm listening to "Jane Eyre" and am loving it. I first read the book 20 years ago and it's a delight to renew my acquaintance with it.

Again: WOW!

 
At Wednesday, 01 February, 2006, Blogger Kathleen said...

Smed - You have two kids! Besides all your basketball stuff. I have no life! ;-)

 
At Wednesday, 01 February, 2006, Blogger Kathleen said...

Mr. Schprock - It's my excuse for knitting. I put in a movie and I knit. It's lame, but it's what I do. ;-)

 
At Thursday, 02 February, 2006, Blogger Heather said...

Holy crap, that's a lot of movies. I've slacked on movie watchin' lately - I dis just see Harry Potter at the IMAX, though.

I read 10 books during January...well, 9 because I haven't finished Murder On The Orient Express yet.

 
At Thursday, 02 February, 2006, Blogger Clarity25 said...

You've seen a lot of great movies lately! Can you believe that I still haven't seen "the million dollar baby"? Everyone keeps telling me about that.

Thanks for filling out my survey, and don't feel bad, I have zero athletic ability too. :)

I hope you're having a good week!

 
At Thursday, 02 February, 2006, Blogger Scott said...

I'm overwhelmed by the amount of books and movies on your queue. I've read none of those books, but have seen plenty of those movies. Put this one on your queue: The Red Violin.

 
At Friday, 03 February, 2006, Blogger Kathleen said...

Clarity - Million Dollar Baby is worth the hype.

Scott - Already seen and do own. I might have to pull that one again. Been a while since I've seen it.

 
At Friday, 03 February, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm. At least you make sense Kathleen!!

 
At Friday, 03 February, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi Kathleen, or should I say J-Lo lookalike?

 
At Sunday, 05 February, 2006, Blogger Beth said...

I use Blockbuster online, but they're getting so slow, I may have to switch back to Netflix. Although new releases seemed impossible to get with Netflix.

I read a ton. I love updates like this one!

 
At Friday, 10 February, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kathleen, You haven't updated in a while. I just wanted to drop you a friendly line saying "hi", I hope things are going well for you!

 
At Friday, 10 February, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sweets. Thank you, thank you, thank you for your last note, it was really good of you to take some time to comment. I think you're right, we do need some time to breathe. I'm going to stay over at my mums tomorrow night as opposed to just visiting and get some proper quality time with my family. I'm actually really looking forward to it now I've made the decision. One that you helped me come to. So thank you. Have a good weekend. Smooches x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home