Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Post #2 of 2012 - So Exciting!

Oy vey, work's killing me. I'm not happy about it at all. Another 11 hour day and I could still be there I have so much work to do. I didn't even have time to eat my lunch today. I brought it back home and ate it for dinner.

For the first time ever, I made a New Year's Resolution...which I'm failing at miserably. My resolution is to knit for myself more. I have a ton of yarn that I've bought specifically for me, bought/found patterns which I want to make for me, etc., and so far, not so good.

Part of the issue is work. The other is all the people in my life having babies. I've already finished one baby blanket (co-worker's baby was due today). The second baby is due at the end of February (another co-worker) and I'm waiting for the pink yarn to show up (I don't generally buy pink yarn, as I don't like pink). Then there's my cousin's baby shower in March (it won't be done by then), and then a co-worker whose baby is due in May (yay, a boy, so I don't to knit with pink yarn), and then one more co-worker whose baby is due in July. *sigh*

I've told some people pointblank that they're not allowed to get pregnant, because I just don't have time to knit for them, dammit.

I have yet to finish my SIL's scarf from 2010 Christmas. *sigh* I hope she's forgotten about it and it'll be a surprise when I do finish it.

I signed up with my Knitting Guild's Sneaky Sheep (think Secret Santa, but not at Christmas) which means I'll have to knit something for someone. I think it's due at April's meeting. Let's hope I have time to complete whatever I end up knitting.

This past weekend I went to the Redford Theatre to see Forbidden Planet with a bunch of friends. I had never seen it, and I'm glad I went - I liked it. Only $4, plus reasonable prices at the snack/candy counter...and real butter for popcorn. The weekend before that I went to the Detroit Film Theater (DFT) at the Detroit Institute of Arts to see a restored "Director's Cut" of Touch of Evil with Orson Welles and Charlton Heston. This coming Saturday I have plans to head back to the DFT, this time to see Andrei Rublev, which is a film I've wanted to see for a long time! It's 305 minutes long!!! I'm pretty sure there will be an intermission or two. And since it's a matinee, it should only be $4. Gotta love economic prices.

Okay, I'm giving up on this post, as it's really difficult to type with Igor laying across my arms. Good thing he's cute. I hope you're all well.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, 25 January, 2012, Blogger Fantasy Writer Guy said...

Why do you work so much? All that money has bought you what? A house and a barrel full of happiness?

I'm just asking!

 
At Wednesday, 25 January, 2012, Blogger Kathleen said...

Excellent questions, FWG. I work so much because there is a ton of work to be done. I was raised not to be a slacker. I'm just tired of working 50-60 hour weeks and being paid for 40...when I'm the lowest paid person in the department. And then I get my PR and I'm not exactly pleased with it. I have to concentrate on not letting my morale fail.

It's not like all this working has brought me a boatload of extra money. I bought the house on my regular piddly salary. Sad, but true.

 
At Wednesday, 25 January, 2012, Blogger LL said...

But on the bright side... your boys just got the Prince. Albeit at a kingly price, but...

 
At Monday, 10 December, 2012, Anonymous decorative candles said...

This is a very good article, I discovered your blog checking aol for a related subject matter and came to this. I couldnt find to much other information on this article, so it was nice to discover this one. I will be back to look at some other posts that you have another time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home