Friday, January 25, 2008

Katology

I copied this from Fermi, who ripped it off from LL, who got it from Sunshine. No tagging, just a survey with random questions. Copy the list, edit the answers, and call it your name with "ology" on the end.


MOUTHOLOGY

Q. What is your salad dressing of choice?
A. A really good bleu cheese.

Q. What is your favorite fast food restaurant?
A. Taco Bell

Q. What is your favorite sit down restaurant?
A. Traffic Jam & Snug

Q. On average, what size tip do you leave at a restaurant?
A. > 20%

Q. What food could you eat every day for two weeks and not get sick of?
A. Well, I've been eating a spring mix salad with 1 T of Newman's Own Balsamic Vinaigrette Lighten Up dressing every day for lunch for the past three weeks…I'm not sick of it, but I am a tad bored.

Q. What are your pizza toppings of choice?
A. Onions and real mushrooms (i.e., not canned)

Q. What do you like to put on your toast?
A. Butter

TECHNOLOGY

Q. What is your wallpaper on your computer?
A. Work is a baby rhino with a zookeeper. Home is clown fish in a sea of green anemones..

Q. How many televisions are in your house?
A. One. It's only me and the cats and they're perfectly happy watching whatever I watch.

BIOLOGY

Q. Are you right-handed or left-handed?
A. Right.

Q. Have you ever had anything removed from your body?
A. Teeth, tonsils, splinters, herniated disk.

Q. When was the last time you had a cavity?
A. First and only was about 4 years ago. I was pissed. Apparently it was no bigger than a pin prick, but the dentist felt better filling it.

Q. What is the last heavy item you lifted?
A. The 5-gal Culligan water bottles

Q. Have you ever been knocked unconscious?
A. I've fainted, trying to remember knocked unconscious. Yes! When I was three, I was running down the driveway pulling a wagon. I tripped on my 3-year old feet (I assume) and fell headlong into the metal garden hose wrappy-thingie. Woke up in the hospital screaming bloody murder as the doctor stitched the hole in my head.

BULLCRAPOLOGY

Q. If it were possible, would you want to know the day you were going to die?
A. No. I don't have the mindset to deal with that well.

Q. If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
A. I like my name now. If you had asked me this question in grade school, I would have said "Colette."

Q. What color do you think looks best on you?
A. Blue, so the YS tells me..

Q. Have you ever swallowed a non-food item by mistake?
A. Gum. I don't remember swallowing any other non-food item.

Q. Have you ever saved someone’s life?
A. No.

Q. Has someone ever saved yours?
A. Yes, to a certain degree. I was very depressed and close to suicidal one day many years ago. I knew that being alone was not the best thing for me that day, so I knocked on my neighbor's door. He had to go out with his sister, but when he got back, I knocked again and he could tell I was in bad shape. He took me out driving and then just kept me at his apt. watching TV until the problem was over – a good few hours.

DAREOLOGY

Q. Would you kiss a member of the same sex for $100?
A. Maybe.

Q. Would you allow one of your little fingers to be cut off for $200,000?
A. Bloody hell, no!

Q. Would you never blog again for $50,000?
A. Um yeah…

Q. Would you pose naked in a magazine for $250,000?
A. Nobody, but nobody wants to see that..

Q. Would you drink an entire bottle of hot sauce for $1000?
A. No.

Q. Would you, without fear of punishment, take a human life for $1,000,000?
A. Absolutely not.

DUMBOLOGY

Q. What is in your left pocket?
A. Nothing.

Q. Is Napoleon Dynamite actually a good movie?
A. Absolutely not..

Q. Do you have hardwood or carpet in your house?
A. Ugly crappy apt. beige carpet.

Q. Do you sit or stand in the shower?
A. Stand.

Q. Would you live with roommates?
A. I do, Boris & Igor, the cutest cats.

Q. How many pairs of flip flops do you own?
A. One pair.

Q. Last time you had a run-in with the cops?
A. August 2000 or 2001 – Stupid fascist Dearborn Heights cop.

Q. Who is number 1 on your Top 8?
A. Huh? Is this the same as the Friends' List of Five?


LASTOLOGY

Q: Last Friend you talked to?
A: Friend? I've only talked to work people today. I'd have to say The Dream or The Little Guy.

Q: Last person who called you?
A: The YS.

Q: Last person you hugged?
A: Oh heavens…Debbie, Tuesday night after dinner.

Q: Last person to stick their foot in your face?
A: Boris, little shit is lucky he's cute.

FAVORITOLOGY

Q: Number?
A: 7

Q: Season?
A: Summer

CURRENTOLOGY

Q: Missing someone?
A: Great Grandpa.

Q: Mood?
A: Ambivalent.

Q: Listening to?
A: The Dead Milkmen.

Q: Watching?
A: Staring blankly at my computer screen.

Q: Worrying about?
A: The economy, the presidential election, the country.

RANDOMOLOGY

Q: First place you went this morning?
A: Work

Q: What can you not wait to do?
A: Go to the world's greatest yarn store on Sunday!!

Q: What's the last movie you saw in theater?
A: To Catch A Thief last Saturday.

Q: Do you smile often?
A: Yes.

Q: Are you a friendly person?
A: Oy vey, am I ever. I talk to strangers in the line at the store. I talk to the people sitting next to me on the plane, or in the waiting area waiting to get on the plane. When I went to see the Brian Setzer Orchestra with Martha, she had me sit next to the stranger, because she knew I would talk to them.

Labels: ,

16 Comments:

At Friday, 25 January, 2008, Blogger Dave said...

Two things.

One, I've not heard or read the two words "Dearborn Heights" together in decades. I grew up in then Dearborn Township, halfway through my youth, DH, at Southfield and Outer Drive. Don't remember seeing many cops. They were all on Outer Drive protecting the white inhabitants from the 1968Detroit riots.

Second, since I'm now back to my youth, your ease with strangers: you're channeling my father. He never knew a person not worth talking to.

 
At Friday, 25 January, 2008, Blogger Kathleen said...

Dave - Duh, I was just at Southfield and Outer Drive, but it took me a second to place it. You wouldn't recognize it - the VA is gone, big box stores/strip malls there now.

I get bored if I don't have someone to talk to and there are people all around me. At home alone, no problem, but in public? I need to talk to people.

 
At Friday, 25 January, 2008, Blogger Dave said...

I don't suppose Tiny's, the then version of the neighborhood convenience store, or Carter's, the then version of the hamburger dive (before White Castle) or, damn I can't think of the name of the barber shop or drug store (I worked there when I was about twelve) are still there (all on the Dearborn Heights quadrant of the intersection). I went to the VA hospital one time. A friend, Benji, who later died in Vietnam, and I went to visit his father. A month or so later we went to the funeral home, somewhere on Michigan Avenue. I went to grade school on Southfield at Mt. Hope Lutheran Church, "downriver" from the intersection.

All that from your mention of the cops. Thanks.

 
At Friday, 25 January, 2008, Blogger Nob Hill Omnivore said...

I'm gonna have to steal this from you. I didn't know you liked bleu cheese, I highly recommend Bob's Big Boy Blue Cheese they sell it at Cala Foods here I don't know what the equivalent would be there.

 
At Saturday, 26 January, 2008, Blogger Jorge said...

Dave,

Almost everything you mentioned is gone except the hamburger stand. The building just says Hamburgers.

There's a little bar on the northwest corner, and I think a barber shop up the road a little.

On the southeast corner is a coney island called Opa! Opa! with a little strip mall immediately to the east.

Look at the intersection on Google Maps and click street view. You'll actually be able to see what it looks like as of this summer.

It's pretty cool.

 
At Saturday, 26 January, 2008, Blogger fermicat said...

I like crumbled bleu cheese on salads with a good vinaigrette better than I like actual bleu cheese dressing. But I am happy to see that most of my internet friends are good tippers.

 
At Saturday, 26 January, 2008, Blogger Kathleen said...

Dave - Jorge beat me to it. The bar on the corner is called Sports Haven. Used to hang out there in 1984 - liked a guy who played softball for a team that had Sports Haven sponsorship. They weren't very good at carding back then.

Sal - I developed my love of bleu cheese when I lived in SF. I don't think there's any correlation to that. ;-)

Jorge - Have you ever noticed that if you come at the Opa Opa song from the wrong way it looks like Ass Ass?

Fermi - Oh, crumbled bleu cheese is good, too. I haven't tried it with vinaigrette though. Good idea. My sister was a waitress, I wouldn't dare not tip well.

 
At Saturday, 26 January, 2008, Blogger Kathleen said...

sign...not song.

 
At Saturday, 26 January, 2008, Blogger LL said...

People... PEOPLE!!! Not cats... *sigh*... I guess I'll just add you to the list... fermi, magnetbabe, kat... ;)

 
At Sunday, 27 January, 2008, Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Good bleu cheese is hard to find, but I would agree it's the best. I'll never eat at Taco Hell. I've worked there. I won't go into details. I generally leave around 20% tips too. I waited tables for years. My pizza has to have meat or I won't eat it.

My wallpapers are random nudes. Never been knocked unconscious but have had 2 concussions, one playing football and the other one swimming.

And non-food, bugs. On more than one occasion. You play enough football, it's inevitable you'll eat a bug or two.

That's a good neighbor. You still in touch?

I'd take someone's life for one million if that person is evil and his death would make the world a better place. For example, Idi Amin. If I could have killed him before he killed three hundred thousand people and ate dozens of them, I would have. Of course, I was just a little kid at the time, but you get my point.

Fascist cops there? We have them here too. Luckily, the town I'm in and the town I work in both have decent police, but I've known some really bad ones in nearby towns.

And Dead Milkmen? I used to love that song Taking the Retards to the Zoo.

And I always talk to strangers. Screw the police who tell you not to. Another reason I hate law enforcement.

 
At Sunday, 27 January, 2008, Blogger Kathleen said...

Zombie - No, sadly. I tried to keep in touch with him, but while I was in SF, he got married and moved to Ohio. When I moved back, I contacted him, but I didn't get the feeling his wife welcomed a female friend, so I didn't push it. I'm a vege, so meat on my pizza is not good. I worked at BK and if I ate meat I'd still eat there.

 
At Monday, 28 January, 2008, Blogger Dave said...

Jorge, thanks for the tip, I'm going there now.

 
At Monday, 28 January, 2008, Blogger MJW said...

Bleu cheese. Yeah, it figures. Ha.

You must have missed my "-ology," ma'am. I guess that's what I get for disappearing for so long. ;-)

 
At Tuesday, 29 January, 2008, Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

If there's one vegetarian pizza I like, it's simply tons of cheese and garlic cloves. I can appreciate that.

 
At Tuesday, 29 January, 2008, Blogger Scott said...

I'm with Zombie on the killing thing. I can't rule the idea out completely. But if it were just some random person I couldn't do it, but I would have no problem with a person that rapes children for instance (and I knew for sure he was indeed just that). We have a few living down the street, but I don't have any personal knowlege of what they have done. I'd have to know. I'm not religious per se, but that's rolling the spiritual dice, so I would have to be sure it was worth the price.

 
At Tuesday, 29 January, 2008, Blogger Kathleen said...

Zombie - Pizza Hut had a spinach/garlic pizza when I lived in CA (apparently, it's regional, because I can't get it in Detroit) that was YUMMY! I would get it when I didn't feel well and count on the garlic to kill the virus.

Scott - I don't think I could do it even then, but I do understand the sentiment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home