Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Really Nothing - Revised

Hey all, it's been too long since I've blogged. I'd like to say it's because I've been doing something fabulous, but that would be a bald-faced lie. I haven't felt like doing anything at all. I've barely done any knitting. I've made a few rosaries (with two more to make), but I've actually been watching TV without doing anything else at the same time. That is so not like me.

I write great blog entries in my head when I'm nowhere near a computer, but now that I have the time and inclination, I can't remember those great blog entries in which I'm brilliantly clever and funny.

I just read this story and dammit! It makes it really hard to hate the Yankees organization. It made me cry - I'm a wuss, I readily admit it.

This morning I heard on the radio something that had me scratching my head, questioning whether Americans really are this stupid. The report was that GM had done a study where they found out that people didn't know that Chevy and Cadillac were brands of theirs (apparently Chevys and Cadillacs are selling, while anything with a GM badge wasn't – I'm thinking GMCs), so they were going to start NOT badging their GMCs – no clue what they're going to call them, but to those of you who don't live in southeastern Michigan, is this true? People don't know that Chevy and Cadillac are GM brands? Along with Pontiac and Buick? Even if they are killing off the Pontiac brand (something they should have done before they killed Oldsmobile, IMHO).

One of my co-workers was pregnant, due at the end of September, so I made her some cute little booties and then started a sweater to go with the booties as I chose red yarn and I figured babies don't get a boatload of red clothing. Anyway, I say she was pregnant because she gave birth Friday night – six weeks early – and the darn sweater isn't done!!! Because as I pointed out earlier I haven't been doing a damn thing, not even knitting. So, now I need to finish the sweater, and then make a preemie hat. I'm thinking that if I could find an adorable dress in white with red swiss dots that the red sweater and booties would be perfect. Hmm.

Hmm is right. I reached a point in the sweater where I don't know what the hell to do, so I packed it up to take to work tomorrow, so my friend Mary can help me. She's an amazing knitter and doesn't let little things like Cast on 2 stitches in the middle of a row worry her. So, I've started a hat.

My birthday is tomorrow and I have to tell you that I got the most amazing present from a group of my friends...a hand-painted picture of Ian Curtis by someone I actually know. She's a very nice young woman (that's how you can tell I'm old - I have a good 20+ years on her) and I'm honored to have her art in my house, as corny as that sounds.



I received some not so fabulous medical news today. I won't know anything for a few weeks, but in the meantime, if you could keep me in your thoughts and prayers (if you're so inclined), that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

And because it has been requested...CATBLOGGING!!!

Labels: , , ,

14 Comments:

At Tuesday, 18 August, 2009, Blogger Rick Baumhauer said...

You will certainly be in my thoughts, though it would be nice to have some idea exactly how serious this could be.........

Oh, and Happy Birthday, just a bit early :)

 
At Wednesday, 19 August, 2009, Blogger Evil Twin's Wife said...

Great painting! I love it.

I'll keep you in my thoughts. Keep us updated on what's going on...

 
At Wednesday, 19 August, 2009, Blogger Kathleen said...

Rick - Thanks...I don't even know how serious it'll be...I got the usual platitudes, "Don't worry." "It's no big deal." etc. Which, of course, doesn't help not to worry.

ETW - I love the painting, too. Thank you.

 
At Wednesday, 19 August, 2009, Blogger Kathleen said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At Wednesday, 19 August, 2009, Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

I write great blog entries in my head when I'm nowhere near a computer, but now that I have the time and inclination, I can't remember those great blog entries in which I'm brilliantly clever and funny.

Me too. I always see or hear something to blog about but forget about it when I get home.

I actually liked Oldsmobiles. We've had several in the past and never had a problem getting at least 150k good miles out of them.

Don't worry about being late with your baby projects. She'll be flattered when she gets them regardless.

Oh, tomorrow is today. Happy B-day!

 
At Wednesday, 19 August, 2009, Blogger Jenn said...

So much to hit on there... First seeing it is tomorrow,,,,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
-writing blogs in UR head - we all do it, when I have to drive (like in a few weeks for school) I will put batteries in my digital voice recorder and blog into that. If nothing else, it really clears your head.
-When I lived in NY I was not a big Yankees fan but (I did not click the link, sorry) a friend of mine had a child that was in the make a wish program and his wish was to be in the dugout and they not only did that but picked him up in Saugerties in a limo, and basically took care of any 11 year old boys dream... lol...Steinbrenner is an ass but really there is a lot of community and team spirit there
-Chevy and Caddi is GM really, you don't say. ;) but in middle Georgia I would believe that ppl would think that.
-Rosary - as in the Catholic thing you do your hail marys on? I want one! I will pay you. My grandpa had one made of redwood (mostly) and soemthing else and my mom sold it to an antique dealer. I have long looked for another one that had that woody look feel and smell. I WILL PAY YOU (did I mention that)?
-Not fair to keep us in the dark about your health concern. Sometimes getting something out and hearing others feedback can help you cope. Like when I got diagnosed with cervical cancer, I was mad, and cried, and was mean because well... why me? and then they went thru the whole ring a ma role, and when I healed up from having the baby, they went thru the whole thing again and I was mad the entire time... right? and then they couldn't find it. Un-nerving. But. As of last fall they still couldn't find it. SO, sometimes things sound big and scary and they are not all that bad. Here to listen if you need a bud.
-Love the cat blogging, sorry I am a pest. Get ya ass off the couch and stalk the cats with the camera dang it! Hee Hee. I put Alvin on my blog today. The little grinning lazy bum!

Happy Birtday, break ur posts up some so I don't gotta blog to reply e:wink!

 
At Wednesday, 19 August, 2009, Blogger Jenn said...

PS love the painting too. See told you there was too much!

 
At Wednesday, 19 August, 2009, Blogger LL said...

Who in the hardboiled hell would request catblogging? They must be crazy...

Glad to see you around... not glad to hear about the health thing. Go eat a steak... it'll make you feel better. :P

 
At Thursday, 20 August, 2009, Blogger Kathleen said...

ZS - I know my co-worker will love the stuff, but I really need to get moving on everything. My first ex-boyfriend had an Oldsmobile fascination. I owned a Pontiac and it was a POS, to say nothing of their love of body cladding over the past ten years or so. Just ugly vehicles. I really thought they should have kept Olds. Thanks for the birthday wishes.

Dr Jenn - Yes, rosaries as in the Catholic rosary on which one says Hail Marys. I'd be more than happy to make one for you. Do you want a wooden one? You're not a pest! I'm always willing to oblige with catblogging!!!

LL - Dr. Jenn requested catblogging. You know i hate to disappoint people. I love to annoy them, however. :-) Actually, right now I'm craving sushi. ;-)

 
At Thursday, 20 August, 2009, Blogger dr sardonicus said...

Lots of people believe that Obama is trying to kill their grandma, so I'm not surprised that they wouldn't get that Chevy and Cadillac are GM products.

Happy belated birthday!

 
At Friday, 21 August, 2009, Blogger Jenn said...

wood, yes, but a darker reddish wood if you don't mind. email me details about where to send money. jennganoe@msn.com

and yea, ll thinks I am a pest about cat blogging. did you enjoy Alvin (aka little LL) sleeping on my blog?

 
At Friday, 21 August, 2009, Blogger Kathleen said...

Dr S - Too true.

Dr J - I'll have to go and find those specific beads...I'll let you know.

 
At Saturday, 22 August, 2009, Blogger fermicat said...

Happy Belated! I don't like to hear about you having health problems, so I hope that resolves quickly.

Ordinarily when some blogger disappears, I assume they fell prey to the Facebook allure. But I know you too well to think that is the case here.

 
At Monday, 24 August, 2009, Blogger Kathleen said...

Fermi - You are too right...been suffering from a mild case of depression and with BCN cutting my visits to Maureen, I haven't been doing that well. Trying not to let things get me down too much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home